Thursday, May 13, 2010

5/13/10
The restoration dry cleaners called and they would like to return our clothes. Sounds good, doesn't it? So for they've returned bedding, some tablecloths, some drapes, 8 boxes of clothes they couldn't clean, a butt-load of t-shirts and of course some personal items.

They have not returned shoes or the bulk of my clothes. Each day I wake up and say, "Should I wear black pants today?" And that answer is inevitably, "What a good idea. Going naked might be considered a bad idea."

Let's go back to why so many t-shirts. My husband wears t-shirts every day whether he's gardening or under his chef's uniform. Plus we grew up in the 60's and 70's. We have t-shirts from our past.

T-shirts that proclaim all-important words of wisdom, like, "I can't believe I forgot to have children." (Zero Population Growth, Paul Erlich, circa 1971 or possibly Women's Liberation Movement, I can't remember which cause I represented when I bought it).

We've set aside t-shirts that meant something to us and are going to have a quilt made. But as I sit here and think about it (while storing 13 large boxes of t-shirts), I have to ask. Where would I put a quilt like that? A 60's retro room? Would I have to get a black light and a Janis Joplin poster? A shag haircut? Going braless anymore won't work for me. Some times the past should just be the past. How is storing a box of t-shirts better than storing a box with a quilt?



No comments:

Post a Comment